Suffering from a sore throat, my friend said that she had something for me to try. It’s a drink- an apple cider vinegar drink which she says helps with the sore throats. Curious, I watched her make it and I agreed to try it.
She mixed these ingredients together in a cup:
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Ginger (grated)
- Turmeric (grated)
- Black Pepper
- Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
She made me drink this concoction and it didn’t taste nice at all. I could tell however why this would work to soothe the throat and it did. My throat was fine the next day.
It made sense to me that something natural like apple cider vinegar would help cure a common cold millions of people all over the world suffer from more than once a year. After all, before Strepsils, cold and flu tablets, humans must have had an organic and natural way to cure ailments.
It seems that Apple Cider Vinegar is not only good for healing sore throats and colds. There are many other uses for it which makes this special vinegar miraculous…
- Facial Toner– Mix one table spoon of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water, apply this on your face as a toner using a cotton pad.
- All Around Cleanser– Use apple cider vinegar as an all purpose cleanser. Mix this with lemon oil and water and you can spray this cleanser all over your surfaces to help fight bacteria and clean surfaces.
- Bath Detox– Add a cup of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of Epsom salt and some drops of essential oils of your choice in your hot bath.
- Healthy Hair– rinse your hair with half a cup of apple cider vinegar after shampooing and rinse thoroughly afterwards. This will help detangle your hair, get rid of dandruff and keep your hair shiny.
- Exfoliate Skin– Apple cider vinegar can be used as an exfoliator. Mix this vinegar with some honey and granulated sugar.
- Digestive Health Juice– Mix 2 tea spoons of ACV with fresh ginger, water, honey and fresh lemon juice. Add some still or sparkling water with some ice.
- Mouth wash– Mix half a table spoon of ACV with one cup of water and gargle for a few seconds. Be careful not to overdo this and to only use a little amount of apple cider vinegar. Because of the acidic properties, overuse of this may cause damage to your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening– Use this in the same way as a mouth wash (as above). The ACV will help remove stains and will keep your teeth sparkling and white.
- Sooth Sore Throats– In the beginning of this post, I have listed the ingredients my friend used for her throat soothing apple cider vinegar recipe. It definitely worked for me.
- Foot Bath– You can mix one cup of apple cider vinegar and one cup of water in a bowl to make a foot bath. Soak your feet into this mixture for 15-20 minutes to soften hard skin and help fight and cure fungal nail infections.
I recommend ‘BRAGGS’ Apple Cider Vinegar which is unfiltered and with the ‘Mother’. The mother is the ingredient which contains all the nutrients. The mother contains a colony of beneficial bacteria which makes the apple cider vinegar treatments more effective.
I purchased my Braggs apple cider vinegar from Holland and Barrett.
I have tried all the ten uses mentioned above and they have worked for me. Some people have mentioned other uses including using using apple cider vinegar for weight loss. I have personally never tried those other uses and I hope to research more about those other uses and try them myself…
I will keep you posted about any updates on those…
Let me know if apple cider vinegar works for you too!
[google_analytics_optout]Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking[/google_analytics_optout]